The Dog on the Tuckerbox 6.11

37 Annie Pyers Drive
Gundagai, NSW 2722
Download vCard Share
Send Message Add Review

About The Dog on the Tuckerbox

Contact Details & Working Hours


The dog section of the monument was cast in bronze by 'Oliver's Foundry' Sydney and its base sculpted by Gundagai stonemason Frank Rusconi and was unveiled by the then Prime Minister of Australia Joseph Lyons on 28 November 1932 as a tribute to pioneers. The statue was inspired by a bullock driver's poem, Bullocky Bill, which celebrates the life of a mythical driver's dog that loyally guarded the man's tuckerbox (Australian English for lunch box) until death.
A dog monument had been first erected at a site nine miles from Gundagai in 1926.

Please be advised
This Facebook page and Website of 'The Dog on The Tuckerbox' are online business versions of The Dog on The Tuckerbox which is a private trading business linked to

We wish to advise readers that we are not affiliated with 'Dog on the Tuckerbox' kiosk or it's business in anyway. owns and operates the online presence of the three major Dog Icons in Australia + Facebook page + Facebook page + Facebook page

Thank you

Map The Dog on the Tuckerbox

Updates from The Dog on the Tuckerbox

Review The Dog on the Tuckerbox

   Loading comments-box...